You are here
[img_assist|nid=7|title=StitchMinder|desc=|link=popup|align=left|width=67|height=100] StitchMinder is a free stitch counting utility application for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch. The program provides four customizable counters that can be used to track rows completed, pattern rows, increases, and decreases. Counters can be configured to count upwards or downwards, and your counts are always stored when you close the program or if you are interrupted by a phone call.
Did you know that StitchMinder can play a sound when you tap the counter? Open the Settings application on your iPhone or iPod touch and select the StitchMinder item, then turn on the sound using the switch.
I've been getting some great feedback on StitchMinder in the forums here, via email, and on Ravelry! Some of the features that I'm looking at for the next release include:
By far, the top request has been to add the ability to manage multiple projects. I hear you! This is the core feature of KnitMinder, the app that I'm working on next. I'll post more information on the KnitMinder page as development progresses.
Latest version: 1.1 (under review at Apple)
Version 1.1 Changes:
- Play a sound when undoing a count
- Settings switch for turning off the screen blanking
Version 1.0.2 Changes:
- Japanese translation by ConSysTech
- Swedish translation by Malin Nilsson
- Add a "loading" screen so you don't see a blank screen on startup.
- Have an "undo" button - for those times you get halfway across the next row and realize you messed up on the previous and have to frog. (suggested by purplehooker and Not Martha)
Version 1.0.1 changes:
- Added a confirmation dialog for resetting counters.
- Removed the ability to count downwards into negative numbers.